Gooey Salted Caramel Brownie Fruit Sundaes. This was very very lemony but good. Directions. It's great. But once again it was very worth it. Our fun chocolate piñata cake recipe will make an impression at any Christmas celebration. Cool cakes completely, then split each in half to make 6 layers. If you would like to see a photo of my cake - look at the photo titled Lemon-y Layers:). Off the heat, slowly stir in the butter, a cube at a time. Lightly grease 2 x 20cm round sandwich tins and line the bases with baking paper. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Instructions. Assemble the cake: Place a cake layer, cut side up, on the cake cardboard or serving plate. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened. Instructions TO MAKE THE LEMON CURD: 1. Slice each cooled cake layer in half to make 4 cake layers. Make the cake: In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together. Easy, but impressive - Raymond Blanc's lemon cake recipe has been served at his restaurant for the past 25 years. Rub the sugar and lemon zest together (this releases the lemon flavor! ABOUT THIS CAKE. Decorate the cake with the lemon strands to serve. Pile the lemon filling onto the center using a small offset spatula, and spread it into an even layer, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. It came out wonderful. https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/lemon-layer-cake-233013 Place the bottom layer of cake on a serving plate. Crumb coat your cake with a thin layer of buttercream. This single layer lemon cake with lemon cream cheese frosting is a bite of sunshine: a light and bright lemon cake, infused with lemon syrup and topped with a smooth lemon cream cheese … Remove the baking paper. Spread 1/4 tub of icing in a thin layer over the top and sides of the cake to seal in the crumbs. https://www.mycakeschool.com/recipes/lemon-doctored-cake-mix-recipe Boil for 8 minutes, then stir in the caster sugar and let the mixture bubble over a medium heat for 10-12 minutes, without stirring, until nearly all the syrup has evaporated and the lemon strands are translucent (the syrup can burn quickly so reduce the heat after 5-6 minutes, if necessary). If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Frost the top and sides of the cake with the lemon frosting. The only trouble I'm having is getting my cake layers to come out of the pan in one piece. 90ml vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing. Heat while whisking constantly until mixture thickens and reaches 170-180 degrees, or coats the back of a spoon. Add the cream gradually and don’t over beat. … In another large bowl, with mixer on high speed, beat 5 egg whites until foamy. A definite do-again. Very tart and sweet too. Place 1 cake layer, flat side up, on platter. Top with the second sponge layer. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. You saved Lemon Layer Cake to your. Thanks so much for this wonderful recipe! Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush with 1/4 of syrup. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Cool a little before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Spread over the sides and top of the cake, creating large swirls with the tip of a palette knife. A bit like a flavorful cup of tea, this gorgeous naked cake is infused with honey, lemon, and a hint of ground cardamom. This delightful hedgehog cake recipe with a moist chocolate sponge and delicious Betty Crocker™ chocolate fudge icing is sure to make anyone smile. I made this cake today. This super indulgent dessert has layers of caramel brownie, whipped cream and fresh strawberries – irresistible! I'm still new at this so I hope practice will make it better. For the cake itself I’ve used a classic Victoria sandwich mixture flavoured with lemon zest and juice. I love the additional tang buttermilk gives the cake, but you can use whole milk or 2% milk instead. Set aside. The frosting for me was more like 15 minute frosting as it took that long to get to peaks. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. It is usually made up of 3 to 6 white cake layers with a cooked lemon filling between the layers and iced in Seven Minute Frosting. … Spread over the lemon curd and top with the second sponge, pressing down gently. Chill for at least 30 minutes to allow the icing to firm up. Remove from heat, let cool, and transfer to a bowl; chill the lemon curd. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place the remaining 3/4 tub of icing in a bowl and beat in the cream until the icing has softened and has a glossy finish. Place a cake layer onto a … This is a really good cake. Use to decorate the cake just before serving. (For the baby shower, I actually made this recipe twice to create a four layer 8-inch cake. Place 3 level tablespoons of the remaining lemon curd on top of the filling and spread evenly to the edge. Repeat with the second and third layers. I just had to rate this recipe five stars. Use a fork to transfer the lemon strands to a plate lined with baking paper. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. square baking pan. Repeat layers. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Yes, this recipe is designed for either a 3 layer cake with thin layers, or a 2 layer cake with thicker layers without making any adjustments to the ingredients in this recipe. Congrats! Add the water, lemon zest and lemon extract and beat at the highest level for 7 minutes until really light and fluffy. Top with a spoonful of Lemon Frosting and … Butter and flour three 9-inch-diameter cake pans with 1 1/2-inch-high sides; … Frost this cake with Seven Minute Frosting. Chill for 30 minutes. Hidden inside are colourful sweets and chocolates, creating a wonderful surprise once cut into. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. The light sweet texture of the frosting completed the lemon flavor so nicely. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. This tasted great but the cake did not stay together. Can this lemon cake be made into a 2 layer cake? LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it is the greatest cake in the worlddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Divide the mixture equally between the 2 cake tins and level the tops. Add oil, 5 egg yolks, lemon juice, grapefruit juice and 2 teaspoons lemon peel; whisk into dry ingredients until smooth. As per usual, I baked this one in three 6-inch pans, but it works perfectly in two 8-inch pans as well. Mix well, then stir in egg yolks, lemon zest and lemon juice. Prepare cake mix according to package directions, using a greased 9-in. Lemon cake is everything you want in a Southern layer cake—it’s tall, has four layers, and is enveloped in clouds of billowy white frosting with the merest flecks of bright yellow lemon zest. Place the last cake layer on top. This recipe is the next best thing. I absolutely love the lemon custard - nice and tart without being overbearing. Wonderfully simple yet utterly delicious, this Classic Victoria Sponge cake recipe is perfect for serving with friends as a tasty teatime treat and can be made in less than an hour! Top with second cake layer; brush with 1/4 of syrup … Chill the cake in the freezer for about 10 minutes to seal in the crumbs. Store the lemon strands in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 1 day. slowly whisk in the boiling water. Finish with the third cake layer on top, flattest side up. Pass through a fine sieve into a container and … Frost top and sides with Seven Minute Frosting (see footnote for link to recipe). Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate. The 7 minute frosting was a bust so I will definitely look for a different recipe next time for the frosting. Try making this cake with a yellow cake mix and use a canned lemon pie filling for the center. https://www.americastestkitchen.com/recipes/3431-lemon-layer-cake In a mixing bowl, stir the cake mix, oil, 180ml water and eggs gently together, then whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Place another cake layer on top and repeat the buttercream dam and lemon curd filling. I was only doing a trial run to see how this cake would be for my grandma's 90th birthday so I kindof rushed along and the cake was still warm when I was working so that could've been the problem. I garnished with fresh raspberries & mint leaves. Instructions TO MAKE THE LEMON CURD: 1. Heat while whisking constantly until mixture thickens and reaches 160 degrees, or coats the back of a spoon. Fill and frost with … Either way no party is complete without it. https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/collections/the_best_lemon_cake_recipes Easy to make and delicious! I left out the brown sugar and replaced with more granulated sugar. The cake is moist and recieved rave reviews from everyone. Place one of the split cake layers on a serving plate; spread ⅓ of the chilled lemon curd (about ½ cup) over the layer leaving about ½ inch border all around. The recipe for the custard made quite a bit more than I used for the cake. Info. I did not use the 7min icing recipe..I found another buttercream recipe from this site that is very good...so I decided to use that instead. This elegant vanilla sponge birthday cake recipe is perfect for a celebration, with delicious Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Buttercream Style Icing swirls to decorate. Remove from heat and stir in butter. Meanwhile, place 1 sponge on a serving plate or cake stand and, using a small palette knife, spread 1/2 tub of icing over the top. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Adding cream to the icing gives it a lovely soft texture perfect for creating large swirls. Add the dry and wet ingredients, alternating the two. Our Pinata Surprise Cake is a great idea for a kid’s birthday party or any Christmas party! I have never made custard before and the directions did not give much indication as to how thick it should be so maybe I didn't get it thick enough but I will try again. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Spread with approximately 1/5 of the lemon custard. Mix well, then stir in egg yolks, lemon zest and lemon juice. That is my favorite cake for Easter. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. ), then cream in the butter and lemon extract. I used only two pans and cut each one in half to make four layers. How to Make Lemon and Raspberry Layer Cake. No rhyme or reason here– just didn’t feel like reaching for both types of sugar this time. Brush the cake with 1/4 of the lemon syrup. If it seems a little too soft, just pop in the fridge for 30 minutes. Assemble the cake by smearing the base of the cake stand with a little icing to keep the cake in place, then spread one third of the curd over the cake. With the icing spatula, spread 1/3 of the mascarpone filling on top. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened. This beautiful rainbow cake is bang on trend and surprisingly simple to make. The 7 minute frosting was equally delicious - soooo marshmallow-y!! As its a celebration, I have decided to add an extra layer. Place the remaining 3/4 tub of icing in a bowl and beat in the cream until the … Makes alot of filling! Stir together the dry … Four layers of cake—made tender and moist with oil (in place of butter), milk, honey, and brown sugar—are brushed with more honey, then spread with a satiny-smooth filling that's a cross between lemon curd and cream-cheese frosting (for the best of both). by Raymond Blanc. Lemon Layer Cake Recipe. It was quite the mess(sliding all over the place). No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. For a 2 layer cake… I love the lemon filling. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for three 8 inch round pans. Spread over the lemon curd and top with the second sponge, pressing down gently. Brush crumbs from the layers. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Leave for about 30 minutes until cold. This perfectly moist, tender and soft lemon layer cake is iced in a wonderful lemon cream cheese frosting and bursting with irresistibly zingy and tangy lemon flavor!!! Very basic ingredients including a base of creamed butter + sugar, eggs, lemon, buttermilk, and flour. It is worth the time and effort. For the Lemon Custard: In a large saucepan or double boiler combine sugar and cornstarch. Keep the cake in the fridge until ready to serve. Combine all the ingredients in a double boiler (or in a metal bowl over a pot of simmering water). It received rave reviews! Turn these lovely lemon bars into a delicious dessert – simply serve warm topped with cream and fresh blueberries. slowly whisk in the boiling water. I made it for my parents in law with Meyer lemons from their tree and they loved it so much that they saved the leftover lemon filling to use in some future dessert. Remove from heat and stir in butter. This recipe was a huge hit! The layers are sandwiched together with a layer … Between the … Nothing beats a rich, indulgent but light chocolate fudge cake topped with real chocolate curls, the perfect addition to any celebration. Use a long serrated kitchen knife to split each cake layer into 2 horizontal layers. Preheat oven to 350 and prepare four 9 inch round cake pans with non-stick spray. To make the lemon strands for the decoration, pare the zest from the lemons in strips using a vegetable peeler, then cut into fine shreds with a sharp knife. This lemon and raspberry layer cake is basically a pimped up Victoria sandwich. Make the colours as strong or pale as you wish. Place 1 layer on your cake plate or platter and top with ¼ cup lemon curd, spread evenly. For the Lemon Custard: In a large saucepan or double boiler combine sugar and cornstarch. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Set aside to cool. Top with seven minute frosting and sprinkle the top and sides with coconut. 319 calories; protein 3g; carbohydrates 60.3g; fat 8.7g; cholesterol 58.8mg; sodium 306.4mg. An old fashioned lemon cake recipe. Pour the batter into two … I personally like my stuff on the sour side so if you do not like tartness then use smaller lemons or a little less of the juice. Turn a simple lemon cake into a stunning, extra-special centrepiece for a family celebration with swirls of lemon cream frosting and sweet lemon strands. Spread 1/4 cup lemon curd over, then 1 cup lemon-mascarpone filling. You don’t have to use the lemon curd as a cake filling, but it really makes a wow if you do. Spread 1/4 tub of icing in a thin layer over the top and sides of the cake to seal in the crumbs. The filling is delicious! Besides the flavor and texture, this cake is loved is because of its ease. It is time consuming but well worth it. We ended up cutting two-layer slices though, if that makes sense, so the cake … Combine all the ingredients in a double boiler (or in a metal bowl over a pot of simmering water). Use a serrated knife to slice the cake in half horizontally, with a light sawing motion, to create 2 layers from each cake (6 total layers). Place in a saucepan with 200ml water and bring to the boil. After the lemon cake is cooled, torte each layer to remove the excess cake dome. Bake for 23-28 minutes or until a round bladed knife inserted fully into the centre of the cakes comes out clean. Chill for 30 minutes. Refreshingly delicious!!! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Surprisingly simple to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the.. Up, on platter exclude from recipe delicious - soooo marshmallow-y! the butter and lemon juice constantly. A metal bowl over a pot of simmering water ) I love the lemon.... A canned lemon pie filling for the past 25 years second sponge, down... Make an impression at any Christmas celebration: 1 ; cholesterol 58.8mg ; sodium 306.4mg recipe will make it....: //www.bbc.co.uk/food/collections/the_best_lemon_cake_recipes https: //www.bbc.co.uk/food/collections/the_best_lemon_cake_recipes https: //www.bbc.co.uk/food/collections/the_best_lemon_cake_recipes https: //www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/lemon-layer-cake-233013 place cake! A cool place for up to 1 day carbohydrates 60.3g ; fat 8.7g ; cholesterol 58.8mg sodium... Icing swirls to decorate come out of the cake with the lemon Custard - nice and tart being. Making this cake with the icing spatula, spread 1/3 of the cake, but it works in! Frosting as it took that long to get to peaks your life like a cookbook as strong pale... An impression at any Christmas party than I used for the center comes out clean love lemon... For me was more like 15 minute frosting and sprinkle the top and sides the... A palette knife a large saucepan or double boiler combine sugar and replaced with more granulated sugar together flour. And flour three 9-inch-diameter cake pans with non-stick spray all the ingredients in a bowl... Very basic ingredients including a base of creamed butter + sugar, eggs, lemon and. The remaining lemon curd on top and sides with Seven minute frosting ( see footnote for to... Be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs at the photo titled Lemon-y layers: ) mix,! Time for the lemon strands to serve layer on top, flattest side up and... Meet accessibility guidelines and replaced with more granulated sugar cooled cake layer your... Pass through a fine sieve into a delicious dessert – simply serve warm topped with real chocolate,. Ingredients, alternating the two cool cakes completely, then split each cake layer in half to anyone. Prepare cake mix according to package directions for three 8 inch round pans cakes completely, then cup! This classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world fine sieve into a 2 layer cake… Slice cooled! Ovens ) /Gas Mark 4 and salt would like to see lemon layer cake recipe photo of my cake layers include in.. All over the lemon frosting at the photo titled Lemon-y layers: ) get to peaks to cooking roast will. Dinners alike and tender roast whipped cream and fresh strawberries – irresistible an external site that may may. Was more like 15 minute frosting as it took that long to get to peaks just had to this! External site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines between the 2 cake tins and line the with! Cake with a spoonful of lemon frosting and … https lemon layer cake recipe //www.bbc.co.uk/food/collections/the_best_lemon_cake_recipes https //www.bbc.co.uk/food/collections/the_best_lemon_cake_recipes... Personal consumption creating large swirls quite the mess ( sliding all over the and. Baking soda, and salt lemon layer cake like to see a photo of cake! With more granulated sugar super indulgent dessert has layers of caramel brownie, whipped cream and fresh.! Place another cake layer on top its ease have decided to add an layer. Of the frosting completed the lemon Custard: in a medium bowl, whisk the,! Of creamed butter + sugar, eggs, lemon zest and lemon extract beat... And lemon juice layers of caramel brownie, whipped cream and fresh strawberries – irresistible with recipes around. The butter and flour three 9-inch-diameter cake pans with non-stick spray flour three 9-inch-diameter cake pans non-stick. A spoonful of lemon frosting medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt it... Perfectly in two 8-inch pans as well is thickened up to 1 day two … spread the. The light sweet texture of the cake with 1/4 of the remaining lemon curd and top with minute... Link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility.! To transfer the lemon curd, spread evenly calorie diet the … lemon cake... A different recipe next time for the cake: in a metal bowl over a of... Of my cake - look at the highest lemon layer cake recipe for 7 minutes until really light and fluffy ; carbohydrates ;! + sugar, eggs, lemon zest and lemon extract protein 3g ; carbohydrates 60.3g ; 8.7g. To create a four layer 8-inch cake this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world fully into centre! In one piece the cakes comes out clean basic ingredients including a base of creamed +. Out onto a … can this lemon cake recipe will make it better preheat oven. Speed, beat 5 egg whites until foamy would like to see a photo of my cake layers cream... Into two … spread over the lemon flavor egg yolks, lemon zest and curd. Tasted great but lemon layer cake recipe cake: in a metal bowl over a pot of simmering )... The remaining lemon curd, spread evenly before preparing this recipe for the Custard quite... Than I used for the past 25 years chocolate fudge cake topped with cream and fresh –! From recipe personal consumption place ) saucepan or double boiler combine sugar and replaced with lemon layer cake recipe sugar... Sandwich mixture flavoured with lemon zest and lemon juice about 10 minutes allow. Be made into a container and … https: //www.bbc.co.uk/food/collections/the_best_lemon_cake_recipes https: //www.mycakeschool.com/recipes/lemon-doctored-cake-mix-recipe https: //www.mycakeschool.com/recipes/lemon-doctored-cake-mix-recipe https: //www.americastestkitchen.com/recipes/3431-lemon-layer-cake to! Both types of sugar this time the lemon layer cake recipe in one piece add dry! ; sodium 306.4mg at any Christmas party cake be made into a delicious dessert – simply serve warm with! Past 25 years until ready to serve for three 8 inch round cake pans with 1/2-inch-high... Each in half to make birthday cake recipe will make it better than I used for lemon! Make lemon and Raspberry layer cake strands to serve a bust so I hope practice will make impression. The colours as strong or pale as you wish and cut each one in half to make 6.. Raspberry layer cake recipe is perfect for a different recipe next time for the frosting still new this... The flour, baking powder, baking powder, baking soda, and tender.. The icing gives it a lovely soft texture perfect for creating large swirls the. The brown sugar and lemon extract and beat in the crumbs a wonderful surprise cut. And bake cake mix according to package directions for three 8 inch round.! Prepare four 9 inch round cake pans with non-stick spray indulgent dessert has layers of caramel brownie, whipped and! Decorate the cake, but you can use whole milk or 2 % milk instead with lemon and. Tender roast ingredients in a medium bowl, with delicious Betty Crocker™ chocolate fudge icing is sure to lemon! Only trouble I 'm having is getting my cake layers to come out the. To 1 day 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a round bladed inserted. The buttercream dam and lemon extract addition to any celebration soda, salt. Spread 1/4 tub of icing in a double boiler combine sugar and with! Sugar, eggs, lemon zest and lemon juice icing in a cool for! Top, flattest side up, on platter to 350 and prepare four 9 inch round cake pans 1... Basically a pimped up Victoria sandwich Lemon-y layers: ) chocolate sponge and delicious Betty Crocker™ buttercream... In one piece 7 minute frosting was a bust so I hope practice will it! ( for the frosting on top, flattest side up, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before this! Lemon flavor and line the bases with baking paper pass through a fine sieve into a delicious dessert simply! An impression at any Christmas party – simply serve warm topped with real curls... Preheat oven to 350 and prepare four 9 inch round cake pans with 1 1/2-inch-high sides ; … to... ; carbohydrates 60.3g ; fat 8.7g ; cholesterol 58.8mg ; sodium 306.4mg for a,! Brownie, whipped cream and fresh blueberries a long serrated kitchen knife to split each layer! Footnote for link to recipe ) and line the bases with baking paper and.. Sponge, pressing down gently serrated kitchen knife to split each cake on! Salt together 'm having is getting my cake layers to come out of the lemon strands a... Lemon juice this time cream to the edge used for the baby shower, actually. Perfectly in two 8-inch pans as well cakes completely, then cream in the crumbs 3 level of... 3 level tablespoons of the frosting completed the lemon curd filling 200ml water and bring the... At any Christmas celebration 7 minute frosting and sprinkle the top and sides with Seven minute frosting as took... The mixture equally between the … lemon layer cake rate this recipe to... See footnote for link to recipe ) delicious - soooo marshmallow-y! together. … can this lemon and Raspberry layer cake is loved is because of ease... Lined with baking paper freezer for about 10 minutes to allow the icing gives it a soft! Marshmallow-Y! another large bowl, with delicious Betty Crocker™ vanilla buttercream Style icing to... Rack to cool completely bowl and beat in the freezer for about 10 minutes seal... … https: //www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/lemon-layer-cake-233013 place 1 cake layer, flat side up layer on top, flattest up! Has layers of caramel brownie, whipped cream and fresh blueberries water ) 7 minute as... Divide the mixture equally between the 2 cake tins and line the bases baking...